Heritage Day is a free full-day family festival that showcases local history, offers children’s activities, a historical character parade, and a rousing fireworks display.
What’s Happening at NCHGS?
- 11:00 am – Senior Curator Brittany Schrum-Merriam will give a talk on 1920s Easton and give a sneak preview of our upcoming The Cat’s Meow: Lehigh Valley in the Age of Art Deco & the Roaring Twenties exhibition.
- Kids Sidewalk Crafts
- Museum Store Clearance Sale
- Gallery Tours
- Lions Club Pink Lemonade Stand
Historic Houses – Jacob Nicholas House (5th and Ferry Streets), Mixsell-Illick House (4th and Ferry Streets), 1753 Bachmann Publick House (2nd and Northampton Streets)
- Tour the Society’s historic houses with costumed interpreters from 1:00-4:00 pm. Tour four museums (Sigal, Jacob Nicholas, Mixsell, Bachmann) for the price of one – $10 per person. Visiting just one or two sites? Suggested donation of $3 per site.
- Sample Blackledge Winery’s barrel-aged William Penn’s 1674 cider at the Bachmann Publick House from 1:00-4:00 pm
- Meet George Taylor, one-time owner of the Bachmann and signer of the Declaration of Independence, at 1:30 in the upstairs living area. A mystery guest from American history will be greeting visitors at 2:30.
- Visit the Mixsell-Illick House for some old-fashioned hospitality. Tour the period rooms and visit the newly restored kitchen.
- View a quilting demonstration at the Jacob Nicholas House and tour this former Durham boat captain’s home.
Keep an eye out for the Bachmann Players and other NCHGS members at Centre Square and in the parade.
For more details about the day’s events visit www.heritageday.org