The Jane S. Moyer Library & Research Facility houses an extensive collection of Northampton County local and family history, and includes more than:
- 5,000 books
- 10,000 manuscript items
- 6,000 surname files
- 2,000 history vertical files
- 120,000 photographs
- Thousands of maps, drawings, and architectural plans detailing the history and families of Northampton County, PA.
Searching the NCHGS Library Collection
Thanks to the generosity of the Easton Area Public Library, much of the NCHGS Library Collection is online. We continue to add to our Family Genealogical files and Archives, so please check back as we update our holdings.
To search the NCHGS catalogue online, access the database by clicking this link http://webpac.lvlspa.org/ . From the dropdown menu entitled “View Entire Collection” select Easton Northampton HGS. Searching can be done by keyword, title, author, and subject and the search results will only show NCHGS holdings.
Research time is $10 for up to 2 hours. NCHGS MEMBERS RECEIVE FREE RESEARCH passes annually. It is recommended that you schedule a research appointment a few days ahead of your desired date of visit. Please call 610-253-1222 to do so.
The library is open 9:30 am to 2:00 pm Wednesday through Friday, and by appointment.
Since our holdings are so extensive, we may locate a considerable amount of information on an individual or family. When submitting your request, please
- Be specific in the information you are seeking. For example, do you want birth, baptism, marriage, and death records? A good technique is to list the questions you want answered.
- Tell us what you already know. Provide available information about the person or family–full name, time period of life, place of residence, religious affiliation, occupation. If able, provide a simple family tree chart with your letter of inquiry.
- Tell us how you know. List resources already searched so the we enhance, not duplicate, your efforts.
Genealogical Search by Mail
Please send a letter outlining your request and include a check for $40 payable to NCHGS. Explain your request simply and concisely. Please print all information, and for vital information including surnames, use CAPITAL letters. Always print your full name and address on each piece of correspondence.
Note: Each surname is a separate search. Submit full requests and payment for each separate search requested.
Jane Moyer Library
342 Northampton St.
Easton, PA 18042
Questions? Call the library at 610.253.1222